As defined in our charitable objectives, Stepping Stones Counselling services exists to relieve suffering and distress and to improve the mental health and emotional wellbeing of adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse, living within the six counties of North Wales, through the provision of free accessible and appropriate therapeutic counselling and support services. We have approximately 25 professionally qualified counsellors and our ethos is:
“Living well is our triumph”
We have referred to the guidance contained in the Charity Commission’s general guidance on public benefit when reviewing our aims and objectives and in planning our future activities.
In pursuance of this mission Stepping Stones Counselling Services exists to:
- Improve the lives of people who have experienced sexual abuse and sexual violence in childhood.
- Promote and improve positive mental health and emotional wellbeing of clients.
- Maintain services that meet the needs of our clients.
- Maintain and develop a professional workforce.
- Work in partnership with other services in the statutory and voluntary sector.
- Work to provide other relevant and related services for which there is a genuine need.